Due to COVID-19, all 2020 residencies had to be cancelled and postponed. SFAI is committed to honoring these awards, and the recipients are first in line to take up their residency in the future, in conformity with travel and health advisories, and as the schedule of the residency program allows. SFAI is still accepting new applications at this point, but the delayed 2020 residency recipients will receive priority in scheduling their stays at the Schweizer Lake House in Pennsylvania.
What we offer
If you are selected as a recipient of the Schweizer Foundation artist/writer residency, you will receive the following benefits:
- Free economy class airfare from where you live to Newark Airport (EWR), New Jersey, if necessary
- Local transportation from airport to location of the retreat if necessary
- Free accommodation at the lake house situated at 86 Sunnyside Road, Gouldsboro, PA 18424, for up to four weeks, anytime between September 1 to May 31.
- Groceries and supply costs up to $250 per week.
- Internet access and paid utilities
What applicants need to provide
- Necessary travel documents
- Health insurance coverage
- Computer, communication devices (mobile phone etc.), and specialist equipment, if any.
- Local transportation if necessary
- You apply for the Artist’s Residency by the semi-annual deadline (June 30; December 31). We accept applications anytime in between these deadlines but will make a decision about the awards only twice a year, right after the passing of each deadline.
- You will be notified whether you were a winner no later than 3 weeks after expiration of the deadline.
- You either accept or decline the offer within 10 days of receiving the notice.
- If you accept, you will make the necessary travel arrangements
- Costs of air travel will be reimbursed after purchase of ticket(s)