What we offer
If you are selected as a recipient of the Schweizer Foundation artist/writer residency, you will receive the following benefits:
- Free economy class airfare from where you live to Newark Airport (EWR), New Jersey, if necessary
- Local transportation from airport to location of the retreat if necessary
- Free accommodation at the lake house situated at 86 Sunnyside Road, Gouldsboro, PA 18424, for up to four weeks, anytime between September 1 to May 31.
- Groceries and supply costs up to $250 per week.
- Internet access and paid utilities
What applicants need to provide
- Necessary travel documents
- Health insurance coverage
- Computer, communication devices (mobile phone etc.), and specialist equipment, if any.
- Local transportation if necessary
- You apply for the Artist’s Residency by the semi-annual deadline (June 30; December 31). We accept applications anytime in between these deadlines but will make a decision about the awards only twice a year, right after the passing of each deadline.
- You will be notified whether you were a winner no later than 3 weeks after expiration of the deadline.
- You either accept or decline the offer within 10 days of receiving the notice.
- If you accept, you will make the necessary travel arrangements
- Costs of air travel will be reimbursed after purchase of ticket(s)