What we offer
Every year in September, the Schweizer Lake House in Gouldsboro, PA, is available for up to three SFAI residents for the duration two to four weeks (requests for residencies during other months will be considered on a case-by-case basis). If you are selected as a recipient of the Schweizer Foundation artist/writer residency, you will receive the following benefits:
- Two to four weeks residency at the lake house situated at 86 Sunnyside Road, Gouldsboro, PA 18424
- If flying in, an economy class ticket from where you live to Newark Airport (EWR), New Jersey
- Local transportation from airport to lake house
- Groceries and supply costs up to $250 per week.
- Internet access and paid utilities
- Car for local travel
What applicants need to provide
- Necessary travel documents (and driver’s license if driving)
- Health insurance coverage
- Computer, communication devices (mobile phone etc.), and specialist equipment, if any.
- You apply for the Artist’s Residency by the semi-annual deadline (June 30; December 31). We accept applications anytime in between these deadlines but will make a decision about the awards only twice a year, right after the passing of each deadline.
- You will be notified whether you were a winner no later than 3 weeks after expiration of the deadline.
- You either accept or decline the offer within 10 days of receiving the notice.
- If you accept, you will make the necessary travel arrangements
- Costs of air travel will be reimbursed after purchase of ticket(s)
- Living expense allowance will be disbursed as a cashier’s check